Bi-Lingual Research Assistant and User Support Specialist
Posted: October 2015
About the Company: IRIS Educational Media (irisEd) is a growing educational media company whose mission is to provide engaging, interactive educational resources that inspire confidence and make a positive difference in people’s lives. More information about the company can be found at www.irised.com.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and self-motivated proven team player who will work in our Behavioral Research and Web Applications Departments.
Principal Objectives of the Position: Work as a Research Assistant on Spanish language educational programs and assist on other research projects as needed. Additionally this position will answer phones and provide timely, consistent, and accurate responses to the needs and issues of website users by acting as the primary contact for Spanish-speaking customers requiring technical support.
- Fluent Spanish and English written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in behavioral research
- College degree or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain confidentiality about grant activities
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the United States
- Must be able to follow through on issues quickly and efficiently
- Strong speaking and writing skills with excellent phone etiquette
- Very strong organizational and analytical skills
- Fast learner with exceptional computer skills (software, browsers, and mobile apps)
- Able to problem solve and be a perceptive self starter
Preferences: Data entry experience; experience with spreadsheets and databases; experience in user support.
Attendance Requirements: Full-time; 30 - 40 hours per week. Hours per department per week will be dependent on department’s needs. Work hours are regular daytime schedule and must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Help to develop and maintain a schedule that coordinates resources and deadlines
- Set meeting times and notify personnel of meetings via Outlook calendar and email
- Note taking at project meetings
- Prepare documents for Institutional Review Board
- Maintain research subject confidentiality – including consent form, records and data
- Create “copy” for recruitment documents, flyers, advertisements, etc.
- Recruit, monitor and follow-up with subjects for research studies through phone, email, and personal contact
- Prepare surveys, input and track data using research software applications (Excel, Qualtrics)
- Organize, recruit, host, and record notes for focus groups
- Communicate directly with Spanish speaking website users to resolve technical issues
- Escalate issues and requests to appropriate staff for timely resolution and provide feedback to end users as issues and requests are resolved
- Assist in the identification, development, and production of resources needed to improve training and communication with end users
- Develop a thorough knowledge of IRIS Educational Media products and services
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Research Department Manager, Web Applications Department Manager and Principal Investigators/Project Directors. This position also interfaces with personnel from all departments.
Compensation: Compensation dependent on qualifications. (Pay range $18-21/hr.) This position may qualify for benefits including health/dental, vacation and sick leave, holiday and 401k.
This position is open until filled.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Include in Subject Line: Bi-Lingual Research Assistant JOB POSTING 2015
IRIS Educational Media, located in Eugene, Oregon.