The Checklist for Effective Pre-K Instruction
Head Start teachers,
You are invited to participate in a 5-week study to evaluate a new professional development program. The Checklist for Effective Pre-K Instruction is designed to help teachers become fluent in evidence-based instructional approaches for teaching basic language and literacy skills.
This research project is being conducted by Barbara Gunn, PhD of Oregon Research Institute and Jessie Marquez of IRIS Educational Media. It is funded by a National Institutes of Health grant #1R43HD080250-01.
If you decide to participate, you will be asked to:
- Take part in two 30-minute observations
- 1st observation will take place during the week of April 6 or April 13
- 2nd observation will take place during the week of May 18 or May 25
- Attend two 90-minute group training sessions
- 1st training session will take place during the week of April 20
- 2nd training session will take place during the week of April 27
- Respond to a check in from us via text, email or phone during the weeks of May 4 and May 11
- Complete two online surveys about your teaching practices
- 1st survey will be completed prior to the training
- 2nd survey will be completed after the training
You will receive $100 for your participation in this study.
If you are willing and able to spend six hours of time participating in this study over a period of five weeks, please click here http://iris.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6gre1z19mptM9Rr to sign up.
Email: Sherrie Bandy
Call toll free: 1 (877) 343-4747 FREE Ext. #214