General Function of Proposal Coordinator:
The Proposal Coordinator oversees planning, coordination, and writing of all grant and contract proposals. S/he is responsible for requesting materials from internal and external sources, organizing them according to proposal submission guidelines, and managing internal and external reviews. S/he drafts content related to organizational capabilities and updates as needed. The Proposal Coordinator ensures that all grant proposals are in compliance with funding agency, regulatory, and policy requirements. The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for copy editing proposals for clarity, style, tone and correcting grammatical errors. In addition, s/he provides guidance and support to the Trifoia management team in the identification and development of grant and contract opportunities in-line with company values and participates in regular business development meetings to assess these opportunities.
Reports to: Director, Research & Design
Direct reports: None
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate grant/contract preparation and verifying completeness and accuracy of materials. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Organizing submission planning tasks and timelines in project management software.
- Corresponding with co-investigators, consultants, and development partners during the proposal development process.
- Collecting biosketches and letters of support from consultants and other project participants.
- Collecting proposal materials from external sources and delegating to appropriate internal source for review and revision.
- Ensuring that internal teams (e.g., Research & Design, Production) have appropriate information to draft sections of the proposal.
- Ensuring budget and budget justification match what is included in proposal.
- Organizing and proofing reference citations.
- Draft and revise as needed organizational content e.g., Facilities and Other Resources, Equipment Available, etc.
- Review grant proposal drafts and edit copy including recommending changes to unify grant proposal sections for clarity, style, and tone.
- Ensure grant proposals adhere to funder’s proposal format guidelines, company style guide and established writing standards including correcting grammatical and spelling errors.
- Verify grant package forms from grants.gov, fill in forms, check for errors, and upload PDF documents into grant package.
- Work with graphic designer to create graphs and charts to display data, if needed.
- Create final word documents and PDF versions after approval by Director, Research & Design.
- Work to streamline proposal development process and create templates where possible.
- Maintain department file structure and organize files as needed.
- Research and assess available grant and contract opportunities and make recommendation to respond. This includes identifying competing programs in proposal subject area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education, communications, or related field required.
- Experience preparing federally funded grant proposals for NIH required.
- Experience with IES, NSF, and other federal agencies preferred.
- Experience preparing responses to contract RFPs preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Proficient time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Able complete work with tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality or deadlines on individual projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experienced with EndNote and managing references.
- Proficient in connectivity tools for remote work (e.g., GoToMeeting) and communication and productivity tools (e.g., Asana, Slack).
- General math skills.