Walk Your Way to Fitness
Walk, Workout, Be Active for People with Intellectual Disabilites
Disc 1. Join a diverse group of beginning walkers as they learn to become fit and active.
Nine short video lessons:
• Getting Started
• Good Step Counter Habits
• Exercise Barriers & Benefits
• Brainstorming Ways to Be Active
• Being Active & Setting Goals
• Encouraging Progress & Meeting Goals
• Getting Around Barriers & Staying Positive
• Attitude Traps & Self Talk
• Making Lasting Changes
Disc 2. Nine beginner and intermediate workout routines for walking, strength, flexibility, and dancing. (This disc is also sold separately for people who want just the workouts. (See Work Out with Sonny & Pedro.)
- 3 Walk Workouts - Easy-to-follow moves and low-impact cardio sections
- 3 Strength & Flexibility Workouts - Yoga standing and floor workouts
- 3 Dance Workouts - Basic moves you can take to the dance floor
Disc 3. CD-ROM with 80 printable activity pages. Includes information for support staff and parents about providing support and encouragement. .Each colorful page provides fun activities that follow the lessons and workouts. Open the PDF files, print the pages, and assemble your own personalized activity book.
Total video runtime: 4 ½ hours
"All the movements for each section are simple, accessible and repetitive.Highly Recommended! The CD-ROM contains 80 full color printable worksheets to enhance the lessons. The sets of 9 lessons are perfect for using in a school setting with typically 9 week quarters. This set holds lots of promise for both adaptive physical education instructors and classroom teachers of students with intellectual disabilities."-Debra Ennen, Maple River Schools, Mapleton, MN reviewer for Education Video Online
"An encouraging fitness trainer provides clear verbal instructions
while demonstrating moves to a class of disabled adults."