Two Families Now: Effective Parenting During Separation and Divorce
Two Families Now
is available as an online course for individuals. Take the online course now or find more information on how it can help your clients here.
Two Families Now is an evidence-based parent education curriculum that improves co-parenting relationships and protects children during divorce. This comprehensive curriculum is designed to be used by parent educators, mediators, family counselors and social service providers to teach in person classes. It is the only evidence and research based online course proven to have a positive effect in randomized control trials. The engaging media and tools help teach parents skills to nurture themselves and build strong relationships with their children and co-parents.
Why is this curriculum the best option for parent educators?
- Uses up to date production quality and research.
- Engaging Right Way/Wrong Way video scenarios with a diverse cast.
- Strong focus on parental stress and effective communication.
- Complete curriculum with flexibility to add content.
- Resilience resource--strengthen & sustain family processes
- Entertaining and engaging format
- Increases knowledge of factors that affect their children
- Helps reduce stress & build social support
DVD Kit Includes
- DVD Licensed for classroom use with 20 videos
- 6-unit Curriculum Guide with lesson plans and handouts
- Adaptable PowerPoint presentation
The comprehensive Curriculum Guide takes a facilitator step-by step through the course and makes it easy to implement and use. The lesson plans suggest when to show a video, when to start an activity and provides questions to start and guide meaningful class discussions. The Curriculum Guide is provided as a digital download upon purchase of the DVD Kit.
6 Unit Curriculum Guide Overview
Introduction and 5 lessons, each designed as 1-hour instruction time
Introduction (for facilitator only)
Unit 1. Help Children Adjust
Unit 2. Reduce Co-Parenting Conflict - Open Sample
Unit 3. Co-Parenting Styles
Creating a Parenting Plan
Benefits of Mediation
Unit 4. Use Parenting Skills that Buffer Children from Risk
Unit 5. Handle Stress Effectively
Build a Support Network