Practiced Routines Positive Behavior Support Curriculum DVD
Comprehensive curriculum for training parents and other caregivers in positive behavior support to improve child behavior within daily routines. Positive behavior support uses applied behavior analysis (ABA) principles to not only help children develop skills and resolve behavior challenges, but also improve quality of life. Parents learn about the different purposes their children’s behaviors serve and how to use proactive, teaching, and management strategies that fit their home and community circumstances.
Routines are important to families, but may be difficult to establish with children who have special needs, especially behavioral challenges. In Practiced Routines, nationally recognized behavior expert Dr. Meme Hieneman helps parents develop function-based strategies to improve valued routines, and family life in general, using applied behavior analysis principles.
This curriculum includes:
- PowerPoint presentations for sessions
- Directions for activities and homework
- Brief videos to illustrate specific concepts
- Guided notes to clarify information presented
- Fillable PDFs of forms to be used in process
- Parent workbook to support homework
- Introduction to program
- Fillable forms in order used
- Examples of patterns and strategies
- Links to additional resources